Be a part of this event at World Feast! Check out the rules and regulations below, and then proceed on to the registration form!
Lip Sync Contest Rules & Regulations
- Completed application forms must be submitted by Friday, October 11, 2019 at 3:30 p.m.
- Groups can range in size from 1 to 8 people. All group member names must be included in the application. Only individuals listed on the application can perform.
- Individuals can only compete in one act.
- Groups may use props; these props must be included on the application to be approved by the World Feast Lip Sync Contest Committee. Props not included on the application cannot be used in the performance. Fog machines, bubble machines, fire, water, and glitter are prohibited. Microphone props will be provided.
- Song choice must be submitted with application form by Friday, October 11, 2019 at 3:30 p.m. to be approved by the World Feast Lip Sync Contest Committee. Songs must be the clean version, no explicit versions will be accepted, and any accompanying props, costumes, dance moves and gestures must be PG-13, and in keeping with a family-friendly atmosphere. Teams will be notified by Tuesday, October 15, 2019 at 4:30 p.m. whether they have been approved to participate.
- The maximum time limit is four minutes per performance. After four minutes, the music will fade out.
- The World Feast Lip Sync Contest Committee reserves the right to cancel applications if the Committee feels the act is inappropriate or offensive to others. If an offensive act is performed, the World Feast Lip Sync Contest Committee reserves the right to terminate the performance and the act will be disqualified.
The Contest will be judged by Lip Sync Ability, Creativity, and Stage Presence/Choreography.
- How well the performer(s) lip-sync the lyrics of the song.
- The ability to mouth the words of a song, performed in perfect synchronization as it is reproduced on a recording, creating the illusion that the person or group is actually performing the song on stage in concert.
- Precise synchronization between the sound and performer(s) is critical.
- When a word or note is being sustained for a long period of time, the performer(s) must exhibit, as part of his/her lip-syncing skills, the same amount of tension or energy which it takes to actually sing the song.
- The management of the microphones being used by all members of the act in a Lip Sync performance must be the same as if the performer(s) is actually singing into the microphone in a live performance.
- Audience response is important, and the enthusiasm, attentiveness, and applause of the audience will be taken into account.
- Each category will be worth 10 points each. In case of a tie, the act with the highest Lip Sync Ability score will win. The judges’ decisions are final.
- Prizes will be awarded.